Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Featured Artist: Under Her Charm


Visit her store at underhercharm.etsy.com
See her blog at underhercharm.blogspot.com


How did you get started with your craft?
I've been doing various crafts since I was about 8, from sewing to jewelry making. This particular aveneue featured in my etsy shop was totally inspired by my kids - I wanted cool jewelry to show them off!

What's your favorite material to work with?
Sterling silver

Tell me a random fact about you?
I have two doctorates!
Any advice for new Etsy members?
Have perserverance and enjoy what you do! It took about 1 1/2 years for my shop to have real cohesiveness. It is always a work in progress, from promoting, to improving pictures, and of course, creating.

Lets hear the condensed version of your life...
Grew up in Houston TX (best city ever), went to college at UT Austin for fine arts, then professional and graduate school at University of Houston, where I got an OD and a PhD in Physiological Optics.

We moved to Baltimore for 3 years, where I started my jewelry business. We are off to San Francisco this summer for my job at Berkeley. My hubby has 2 doctorates also (he's a real smartie pants). We have 3 little angels.

No comments: